Monday, May 23, 2005

Who is the best of the web?

Well the news is in. I did not win a Webby.



Shortly I will have all the bits gathered to win a webby: Blogger, Flickr, Cell phone posting, My fine EOS 20D and a fantastic sense of humour (I will either buy the last one or copy shamelessly).

For those of you not in the know (really - call yourself a blogger - the Webbies are the Oscars of the Internet. They say so, or rather they say that the NYT says so. And if the NYT says so, it must be so) - the Webbies are the awards for outstanding Internet content.

Now it is good to see some of my favourites won some Webbies. I do believe that Jamie Oliver is busy working on a dedication to me for my dedication to him. Zach Braff (Garden State, Scrubs) is busy penning a movie about a love affair between me and Natalie Portman for all the excitement I've generated about Garden State - not on my site, verbally. OK, don't believe me. Just wait 'til I get to kiss her on screen. Oi, I'll even kiss her off screen if she's shy. Did I tell you I have a thing for Natalie Portman? I do.

The major Webbies go to:

  • The Webby Lifetime Achievement Award: Former Vice President Al Gore

  • Webby Person of the Year: Craig Newmark of craigslist

  • The Webby Artist of the Year: The Kleptones

  • The Webby Breakout of the Year Award: Flickr


  • I swear, Flickr is just something else. To see why, go and look at this guy. 25 years old from Cape Town.



    The full list of Webbies can be found here.

    2 comments:

    kyknoord said...

    Not to worry. There's always next year.

    It is the question said...

    Yeah, by then I hope to have an awesome sense of humour...