Sunday, January 30, 2005

Is there a photographer in me?

So I finally did it. I decided to take the plunge into digital photography. After much research and toeing-and-froeing between the Nikon D70 and the Canon EOS D20, the Canon won.

I placed my order through eBay and on the 11th of January I finally received my precious cargo. Opening a big parcel from overseas is always exciting, but this is one of the most exciting yet. I have never owned a camera (the small instamatic I bought overseas to take some snaps does not count). At school I used the school camera for my art photos and at varsity I looked down from the Jameson Hall steps at the mist over the Cape and wished I had a camera.

So here is my camera:



My first photos:

The fantastic dog I bought my parents as a six week puppy is now two years old.



A chameleon in my parents' garden.



The road in the Karoo - its beautiful colours and contrasts.



The incredible afternoon Free State rain.



Good photos are happy accidents at the moment. This camera has so many functions, it is going to take a while to learn. But I am having a ball!

Some really good photos taken with a Canon EOS 20D can be seen here.

No comments: