I'll make this useful by blogging about the IT trials and tribulations on my tech blog.
In the mean time, consider the following:
- Install a stolen laptop tracker on your PC - if the fuckers ever connect to the net, it'll let you know and provide their ISP details
- Keep invoices, serial numbers, etc in a safe place to facilitate police and insurance reports
- Get one of those cable alarms that screams if your laptop is moved
- Backups really are important - use a syncronisation app like iFolder to sync your laptop with the server when it connects to the network
- Encrypt your harddrive - I am now a prime candidate for identity theft
- Password protect the BIOS on your laptop - same reason as above
So I've been busy setting up the new laptop. What a mission. Anyway, it is a beautiful new beast. Follow the progress on my techie blog.
Here it is:
Vital stats here.